Promoting Positive health behaviors in our communities
The purpose of the division is to provide a collaborative platform for positive health behaviors in order to advance human longevity, quality of life, and physiological and psychological well-being.
All health & wellness programs are built around the concept of social support and engagement. Our team of experts will create an environment of connectedness and support that helps take the stigma out of many health issues. We believe that by keeping individuals motivated and empowered to make positive health changes, the yield will be better performance, higher productivity, and a happier human being.
The Health and Wellness Division seeks to:
- Increase the dissemination of positive health behaviors
- Improve the communication and collaboration among key stakeholders (such as schools, families, educators, community-based organizations, healthcare practitioners, and policy makers).
- Foster the mentoring and development of future positive healthy behaviors.
- Emotional Intelligence Workshops for Student, Parents & Educators
- Youth Mental Health Training’s
- Restorative Practices in Schools
- Social Emotional Learning
- Health & Wellness Workshop Series for Student and Parents
- School Site Presentations
- Small Coaching Groups
- 1:1 Interventions
- Alcohol and Other Drug PreventionPrograms
- Cultural Competency & Self-Pride Workshops
Workshop topics include but are not limited to:
- Enhancing our emotions as a pathways of care and understanding
- Healthy Eating & Body Image
- Healthy Minds: Strategies to direct and manage your thoughts effectively
- Making Healthy Changes
- Sleep Wellness
- Healthy Relationships
- Understanding and meeting the social, cultural and linguistic needs of minority groups.